Brad S. Dunkin, M.D.
- Knee & Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Biggin Hill
- Dixie Highway
Dr. Brad S. Dunkin is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in Sports Medicine and Knee & Shoulder Surgery. He has extensive experience treating complex knee and shoulder problems in the athlete and non-athlete. This includes advanced techniques in arthroscopic surgery, ligament and cartilage reconstructive surgery, joint replacement, as well as nonsurgical treatment and rehabilitation. Dr. Dunkin sees patients at our Dixie Hwy and Biggin Hill locations.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree - University of Dayton, Chemical Engineering
- Medical Degree - University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Residency - University of Cincinnati, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship - University of Kentucky, Orthopaedic Surgery/Sports Medicine
- Board Certified - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Certifications & Licensure
- KY Medical License
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Baptist Health
- University of Louisville
- Norton Healthcare
- Clark Memorial
- Advanced Regional Surgery Center
- Eastern Kentucky University Football
- University of Kentucky Football
- University of Cincinnati Men’s Soccer
- Loveland High School Football
- Western High School Football
- Waggener High School Football
Awards & Recognitions
- Louisville Magazine: Named “Top Doctor” 2015
- Dunkin BS, Lattermann C. New and Emerging Techniques in Cartilage Repair: Matrix-Induced Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation. Oper Tech Sports Med. In press.
- Post JM, Switzer KD, Brown DK, Meinzen-Derr J, Dively J, Dunkin BS, Mehlman CT. Cast Saw Noise Does Not Reach Occupational Hazard Levels. J Pediatr Orthop. In press.
- Dunkin BS, Nyland J, Duffee AR, Brunelli JA, Burton R, Caborn D. Soft Tissue Tendon Graft Fixation in Serially Dilated or Extraction-Drilled Tibial Tunnels: A Porcine Model Study Using High-Resolution Quantitative Computerized Tomography. Am J Sports Med. 2007;35(3):448-457.
Web Based Journal Articles
- Dong YB, Dunkin BS, Souza V, Zhou HS, McMasters K. E2F-1 Cancer Gene Therapy. Gene Therapy and Molecular Biology. 2004;8:147-155.
Abstracts and Proceedings
- Dunkin BS, Le TT, Connelly C. Computed Tomography Pilon Classification. 2012 AO North America: 2012 Challenges in Fracture Care Across Disciplines. Lake Buena Vista, Florida, February 23 – 25, 2012. [abstract and poster presentation]
- Cornwall R, Kunkel ST, Dunkin BS. Complications of Cross-Pinning for Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: Is Dorgan's Lateral-Entry Technique Safer than Medial-Entry Pinning? 2010 POSNA Annual Meeting. Waikoloa, Hawaii, May 4-7, 2010. [abstract and poster presentation]
- Dunkin BS, Nyland JA, Duffee AR, Brunelli JA, Voor MJ. Quantitative Computerized Tomography Of Tibial Tunnel Walls Used For ACL Reconstruction. Orthopaedic Research Society: 51st Annual Meeting. Washington D.C., February 20-23, 2005. [abstract and poster presentation]
- Dunkin BS, Nyland JA, Duffee AR, Brunelli JA, Voor MJ. Quantitative Computerized Tomography of Tibial Tunnel Walls Used for ACL Reconstruction. Research!Louisville 2004, November 2004. [abstract and poster presentation]
- Dunkin BS, Dong YB, Parsian AJ, Zhou HS, Yao XM, McMasters KM. Adenovirus vector expressing truncated E2F-1 can inhibit melanoma cell growth by induction of apoptosis. Research!Louisville 2003, November 2003. [abstract and poster presentation]
Lectures and Presentations
- Osteonecrosis of the Humeral Head. Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati, April 18, 2012.
- PCL: Current Concepts. Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati, June 30, 2010.
- Cartilaginous Tumors of the Hand. Hand Surgery Specialists, Cincinnati, OH, February 1, 2010.
- Basic Science: Skeletal Muscle. Resident Lecture, University of Cincinnati, April 8, 2009.
- Introduction to Orthopaedic Trauma. Trauma 101 Fracture Care for the Mid-level Provider, Cincinnati, OH, April 27, 2007.
- Shoulder Pain: How Do We Treat It and Promote Quality Outcomes. Orthopaedic Symposium: The Road to No Harm, Louisville, KY, October 5, 2020.
Hobbies & Interests
- Spending time with his wife & children