COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
To our Ortho Louisville Patients & Visitors:
Our office is open for any non-emergent and emergent office visit. Although our office is now open to treat all orthopedic conditions our #1 goal is the safety of our patients, employees, and community. You must wear a mask when entering our office.
TO PROTECT EVERYONE: Be prepared to arrive at the office, wearing a mask or facial covering, without anyone accompanying you to your appointment. If someone is bringing you to your appointment, they will need to stay outside of our office, inside their vehicle. When you arrive to your appointment, your temperature will be taken and you will be asked a series of COVID-19 questions. Upon confirming a temperature of under 100, and answering the COVID-19 questions, you will be asked to leave us with your cell phone number and instructed to return to your vehicle. We will call your cell phone as soon as an exam room is open.
We are advising ALL patients to register on-line, prior to your appointment. When making your appointment, be sure to give the receptionist your valid cell phone number AND email address. This will allow an encrypted registration link to be sent directly to you. This will assist in avoiding person-to-person contact, as well as decreasing your time spent in our office. If you need a link sent to you prior to your appointment, please call our office and we can send a new link to you.
PLEASE DO NOT enter our office if you have experienced any of the following:
- In the past 2 days, if you or a member of your household has had a fever over 100 degrees, cough, or shortness of breath.
- In the past 2 weeks, if you or a member of your household has traveled outside of the country or traveled on a cruise ship.
- If you or a member of your household has had exposure to anyone who tested positive for coronavirus or flu (e.g. attended a social event or business function where someone tested positive) or anyone who is currently being tested and hasn’t received their result.
At this time, we are not testing for the coronavirus or flu.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you MUST test negative and provide our office with the negative results in writing from the testing facility, PRIOR to making an in-person appointment. All treatment prior to receiving negative results will be performed as a telehealth visit.
If you have previously or recently tested positive for COVID-19, you MUST call our office immediately.
Currently, we are aware of 2 approved COVID-19 tests.
- Drive-Thru Testing: Visit the State of Kentucky’s website. You will need to select your County and complete your on-line registration: https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19
- Labcorp and Pixel: Visit Labcorp’s website. You will need to research this to determine if you are interested and able to comply with their protocols, including whether your insurance will cover this. https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/covid-19
This is informational only, meant to provide our patients with COVID-19 testing options. There may be more testing options we are not aware of, so ask your COVID-19 treating provider about other testing options if you feel neither of above options work for you.
This is our practice policy, not meant to override any order or advice from your COVID-19 treating provider or the CDC. It is the patient’s responsibility to inquire, receive, and show proof of testing negative to our office, PRIOR to making an appointment.
Contact our office with any questions @ (502) 364-0902
Thank you for doing your part to keep yourself, your family, friends, neighbors and frontline workers healthy.
We will continue to monitor and provide updates as the situation evolves. Ortho Louisville is following the CDC guidelines. For more information, visit cdc.gov/covid19
Take care & Stay Well